At the end of the day, one pot meals save the day. You wanna pack something for lunch that’s loaded with veggies, doesn’t take long to cook and can even be managed with leftovers? Pulao recipes are one too many, pick which one and pack your lunchbox.
My Recipe Corner
Wash 1 cup basmati rice, soak it for 30 mins. Cook the rice in low to medium flame without the lid. Add oil, salt and turmeric powder. Once cooked, leave it to cool
in a large pan or kadai add 4 tbsp butter, 3 tbsp chili garlic paste (red chili + garlic), 1 finely chopped green chili and saute finely chopped onions (1 medium sized onion). Saute till onions turn translucent
next add 2 roughly chopped tomatoes and cook till they turn mushy.
add some fresh or frozen peas and 1 chopped capsicum and stir for a couple minutes.
Then you can add boiled diced potatoes (OPTIONAL step).
- Mash the veggies with a potato Masher
To the above mix add salt, little sugar and 2 tbsp pav bhaji masala
Add some water to the mixture and stir so the Masala spreads evenly – let it cook for a couple minutes.
Now add in cooked rice and mix everything
squeeze some lemon juice and add finely chopped coriander leaves. mix well and serve tawa pulao with chilled onion-tomato raita, onion raita or mix veg raita!
PS: Serve HOT with simple Raita/curd!
Top Recipe Recommendations
- Classic Spicy Tawa Pulao
- Mumbai Style Tawa Pulao – Easy & Quick
- Street Style Tawa Pulao – With Shredded Cabbage too – yum!
My Improv & Notes
- Some people add green beans and some even add Cauliflower to the recipe and skip Potatoes – leave it to your taste
- Game changing steps that I’d ask you to follow is the addition of Butter for cooking in the beginning, Mashing the veggies once cooked, and addition of right amount of Pav Bhaji Masala
- Chili garlic paste is another game changer – it’ll add to the color and flavor – here’s the recipe for your reference incase you plan to make it at home!