Okay, here come the wishes – Happy Vaisakhi!, Happy Tamil New Year!, Happy Maha Vishubha Sankranti!, Happy Bengali New Year!, Happy Bohag Bihu! and finally, Happy Kheer Day!!!
Come festivals, 10+ items on 7+ katoris later, we somehow manage to save 5% space in our stomach for dessert. 80% of the times that dessert is Kheer. The suspense and wait is usually at discovering if it’s your favorite Kheer type. More often than not, people wet their lips with this milky sugary treat before calling it a feast. I pick a different Kheer variety for every Indian Festival to keep the fun alive. Why don’t you pick your favorite one and make it today? 🙂
My Top Recipe Recommendations
- Rice Kheer/ Arisi Payasam – It’s the traditional rice + milk + sugar combination but to make it more flavorful, you can add saffron strands and dry fruits of your choice
- Paal Payasam – The very south Indian Rice Kheer recipe
- Phirni – 3 step Phirni – Made using Nestle Milkmaid!
- Rabri Kheer Recipe – Prepared using ready-made rabri, rice, milk, sugar, nuts and raisins. Nuts simply add to the crunchiness and flavor
- Carrot Kheer/ carrot Payasam – One of the easier made desserts combining the wonderful flavors of almond with the health benefits of carrot. Best served chilled
- Saboodana Kheer – Simple and humble Saboodana Kheer is make using Tapioca seeds that in its succulent texture absorbs the creamy sweetness of milk
- Semiya Payasam/Sheer Khurma/Shahi Sheer Khurma/Seviyan Kheer/Vermicelli Kheer Recipe – Seviyans are thin long strings that looks very much like spaghetti. Seviyan kheer is made with milk, seviyan
, sugar, and flavored cardamom, with sliced almonds and pistachios and here she’s even garnished with Rose Petals!
- Sooji Kheer/Rava Payasam – Serve hot the nutritious Sooji Kheer in winters to your family members to keep them healthy and warm!
- Paneer Kheer – It is one of the quick and easy, milk based creamy dessert recipe prepared within 15 minutes. it can be served either warm or chilled and mixed with vanilla ice cream.
- Oats Kheer – Simple Healthy and Delicious
- Aval Payasam/Poha Kheer – this is the Jaggery based version. It can be made using sugar also!
- Lauki ki Kheer – As it comes with all its health benefits, it’s vastly consumed during vrat!
- Makhana Kheer – Makhana or phool makhana also known as foxnuts or puffed lotus seeds. Makhana are very healthy & easily digestible. Since after fasting, our food typically includes carbohydrate load, it is advised to end the meal with Makhana
- Ragi Kheer – One of the delicious baby foods in the dictionary!
- Sweet Corn Kheer – yes! corn sees its use in various ways –in salads, soups, subzis and even in sweets too!
- Pumpkin Kheer – You can either grate the pumpkin or mash it up completely!
- Moong Dal Payasam – They call it Pasi Paruppu Payasam and is enjoyed across South India during various festivals
- Chana Dal Kheer/Madgane is a traditional Mangalorean Konkani style sweet jaggery based dessert made from creamy coconut milk and split chana dal/Bengal Gram
- Dates Kheer – Will be making these today! 🙂
- Badam Kheer – From the richness of Almond + Milk and Saffron!
- Rice Payasam -Fusion Recipe – Dark brown Indian Rice pudding– made from coconut milk and jaggery!
- Rajgira Kheer – Amaranth seeds Kheer is what you need to indulge in during festive seasons!
- Bengali Orange Kheer – beautifully balanced flavor of tangy and sweet!